Online shopping is growing in popularity with no signs of going anywhere. It’s time to jump on the band wagon if you haven’t already. The convenience of buying groceries to a new phone is amazing! There are so many sites I could give tutorials about maneuvering around. Today it’s all about ebay. I learned by trial and error. And reading about other’s mistakes.
I get asked all the time about shopping on Ebay. I have had people voice their fear of shopping on that site. There are a few simple rules to follow and you will be an ebayer in no time.
When I’m shopping for and an item online I always like to check ebay and compare prices to other sites. I have saved quite a bit of money by doing this. Everyone likes to save money right?
One Example is a pendant light in my kitchen. I found it with a retailer on line, ya know those with the cool feature “see it in your space” . I loved it, put it my cart and paused. Wait let me see if this is on ebay. Sure enough it was $30 cheaper I might add. And free shipping! It pays to do a little research.
Hopefully by now I have convinced you to give ebay a try. There are a few things to find out before you make your purchase.
1. Read reviews left by other customers. If there are no reviews buyer beware. I know , I know every one has start somewhere. But do you really want to trust a high end purchase to a little known seller.
2. Know where your item ships from. You can buy items on ebay from all over the world. That’s fantastic. What’s not fantastic is buying an item that you wanted to give as a gift and it arrives a month too late. Nothing like a happy late birthday.
Notice the # circled? This is the number of reviews left. It’s not necessary to read through all of them. That is extreme. Unless you really want to. The reviews are devided into sections from 1 star to 5 stars. I will read a few of the lower ratings to see if they are relevant to my purchase. Not every seller is going to have this many reviews. That’s ok. but is more comforting when there are at least a few hundred. They can be considered a trusted seller.
The arrow pointing to free shipping and it’s location are things to take note of also.
3. Read the fine print. Read the description. Read it again. Make sure you know exactly what you are buying. Sometimes pictures and title descriptions can be misleading. I seriously heard of someone buying an iPhone box with contents. Only to get the package in and there was no phone just the box and the packaging.
4. Get PayPal. Most sellers prefer this method of payment. It’s a trusted source. Go to PayPal.com and sign up. Many sites accept PayPal. Trust me it will make your life easier if you shop online at all.
5. Search for name brand items on Ebay. I have found several items at lower prices than other retailers. Again a trusted seller is important. Look for words like '“authentic” or “genuine” in the title or description. If the item has a makers mark it should be included in the pictures. If you are still not sure of authenticity do your research. Google distinguishing features of the item you are wanting to purchase to verify authenticity.
6. Don’t be afraid to ask the seller questions. They are in the business to sell you their things. Sellers are more than happy to answer questions.
7. Compare prices on ebay. Chances are more than one seller has what you are looking for. Prices vary from seller to seller.
Now that you know the secrets to shopping on ebay. Get your little fingers clicking and get ready to save some money! The best part is having your purchases delivered right to your door step!
Be sure and sign up for email notifications to stay in the know.